The other day I realized something: October was nearly over and I had not made a single Halloweenish treat. Fall treats? Yes. Halloween treats? No.
How could I have been so careless?
So, like any normal person, I rushed to my computer and checked Pinterest for some cute cookie ideas.
And I found them!
But do you know what else I found? Most of them are really time consuming! Yay! That’s exactly what I want: to spend hours on cookies that aren’t even being given away to other people!
These cookies are the exact opposite. They are not perfect, as you can obviously see. But they are delicious, fast, and they don’t use stinkin’ candy melts. I hate those. And they are easy enough for kids to help make too!
So, for those of us who want to be festive, but haven’t the time, or those of us who are simply lazy, or even for those of us who are baking-challenged these cookies are a must!
Did I mention they take only minutes to make?
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 packet Nutter Butters
- mini M&Ms
- white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon shortening (I used Crisco)
Here’s What You Do:
1. Prepare a baking sheet with a silpat or foil for cookies to set on. Set aside.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, pour bag of chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave for 30 seconds, 15 seconds, then sets of 10 seconds, stirring in between each microwave blast until completely melted.
3. Using a spoon or mini spatula, coat the top of each Nutter Butter. You can dip the whole thing, but the white chocolate is quite thick and you will definitely run out quickly.
4. Use two mini M&Ms for eyes.
5. Allow to set on prepared baking sheet for about ten minutes, or stick them in the fridge for about 3-5 minutes.